Cooking School Internship Opportunity
(for Teens and Adults)
Chef Tech Cooking School in Long Beach is accepting teen (ages 14 and up) and adult applicants for internships at our school. Candidates must have a passion for cooking and an interest in gaining experience that will help them achieve the goal of becoming a culinary professional. We consider this a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and skills under the guidance and mentoring of the chef owners and our staff. This is an unpaid internship, but candidates will benefit from having experience to add to their resume, as well as possibly earn credit towards future classes and training at our school.
Internships may lead to future employment.
Interns (that have children) and assist in Kids Camps and Monthly Series
may qualify for their child to attend class while working.
*A meal is provided with each shift.
Job duties include:
- Organizing the mise en place and prep for recipes day of the class
- Putting out aprons, towels, and trash cans, before class
- Greeting students, assisting with name tags, aprons, and hand washing instructions
- Assist and aiding with knife handling, measurements, and following recipes
- Help clean as we go, assist in getting dirty dishes to dish station, wipe down work surfaces
- Help with plating up and portion control
- Assist in washing and putting away clean dishes, prepare the kitchen for the next day
***Proficiency with social media is an added plus. We are looking for interns who can also help in photographing food and activities for posting to our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.