The Fundamentals: Teens and Adults
April 21 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
This class is part of a series beginning on Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 at 06:30 PM. [All Class Dates]
CLASS 1 KNIFE SKILLS, SOUPS & SALAD
Learn how to hold a knife and practice all of the essential knife cuts. Start off simple with the basics: soup and salad. Learn how to make a soup with a clear broth and a creamy chowder. Jump over to the cold world of salad and learn how to make a creamy dressing and a traditional vinaigrette and the differences between a mixed and composed salad.
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Southwest Style Corn Chowder
- Simple Green Salad with Homemade Ranch and Vinaigrette
- Salad Niçoise
CLASS 2 SAUTÉ & STIR FRY
Things start heating up while we learn how to saute and stir fry on the stove top! Learn the European techniques of how to make a simple pasta, a tasty pan sauce then move over to Asia to learn how to master the heat of a wok!
- Pasta Carbonara with Homemade Fettuccini
- Chicken Marsala with Cheese Risotto
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Citrus-Soy Dressing
- Vegetable Chow Mein
CLASS 3 BAKE & BROIL
Move down to the ovens to make sweet and savory dishes! Learn how to use an oven for every meal from a frittata for breakfast, a chicken for dinner, and a delicious chocolate cake for dessert!
- How to Roast a Chicken and Potatoes
- Simple Frittata
- Asparagus and Gruyere Tartlets
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cake
CLASS 4 GRILL & FRY
Believe it or not, things get hotter in the kitchen! Learn how to safely work with the open flame of a grill and the heat of a fryer! Learn how to make a Juicy burger and how to bread and fry chicken, along with how to use a fryer to make tasty desserts!
- Turkey Burgers with Onion Rings
- Carne Asada Street Tacos with Homemade Chips and Pico de Gallo
- Churros with Caramel Sauce
- Cannolis with Stracciatella